September 30

Free Choice

“Life is like the river,sometimes it sweeps you gently along and sometimes the rapids come out of nowhere” ~Emma Smith

I agree with this quote on how life does not go smoothly and how life can take an unexpected turn which can take you off track. Nothing is guaranteed in life and nothing will ever be guaranteed. It does get rough and everybody has their up’s and downs but where you stand at the end of everything is what that matters. Life is an interesting journey that some people choose not to follow and get de railed an stay like that and there are other’s who make their life what it is. They face a lot of adversity and obstacles but they overcome them and be someone at the end of it all. They stick to their goal and keep at it even when you feel like quitting, just fight through it all because the reward at the end is priceless.  Life does sail smoothly just like a river  but that does not last all the time, there will be waves that will try and wash you away but you got to fight them and not get thrown off guard by them. This quote is like a life philosophy that many people try to follow. I personally try to follow this philosophy but sometimes it feels like it’s not worth it because of the situations you are in and you think your screwed but deep inside you have to find the will power to keep going. It can be a very useful experience after the tide settles down and things slowly start to get back into place and you think  back to what happened when you made a certain decision and how to avoid the same outcome if your somehow put into the same situation or a similar one.

Tags: ,

Posted September 30, 2013 by arshgch in category Arsh, Sept 2013, Uncategorized

4 thoughts on “Free Choice

1. Shawinder

Dear Arsh I really enjoyed reaing your blog about the quote by Emma Smith. The use of the river in your writing really intrigues the reader makes it more interesting. I can see this blog become a great essay if u wanted it to be as you have really good ideas. Overal it is a peice and I can relate myself to you when u said,”… it’s not worth it because of the situations you are in and you think your screwed…” I myself have this many times but when u can get past this train of thought you will reach ur goal or find success. Although you have few mistakes and need to work on senetence structure keep up the good work!

Reply
  2. nichy

Dear Arsh,

I really enjoyed reading this peice. I also agree that life is like a river, and it doesn’t always sail smoothly. Your interpretation of the quote is great.
    I think if you had expanded on your thoughts this would have been an excellent work of art. When you were talking about how you follow this philosophy, I was really expecting an example.
    Overall I really loved reading your work. Keep up the good work!

“You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.”
    Paulo Coelho

Sincerely, Nick

Reply
  3. abhibh

Dear Arsh,

You stated some really good points in your response to this quote and they really made me think differently about this line. Although your response was good it was really short and that is something that I think you could improve upon for next time.

-Abhi.B

Reply
  4. stephencn

Dear Arsh,
    I found your blog enjoyable for I have a similiar point of view on this qoute. I like that you chose this quote to write about for after you read it you have to sit back and think about it and connect relations. One thing you may be able to improve is your formality, it sounds like im talking to you directly like we are in the school halls.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen

Reply