September 24

My Five Life Philosophies

There is no end.
The world doesn’t stop spinning just because our time ends. Three generations from now most of us will be forgotten, my descendants might no even know what I look like. I shouldn’t be pushing to go out in a bang, because over time everything is washed away.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/people/BenjaminDewey?ref=pr_profile

No one cares.
I once heard someone say that they couldn’t remember more than half of the people they went to high school with. And it got me thinking, everything stupid thing I do, every little mistake I make will mean nothing to those who get to know me in passing. The only thing these small mistakes can serve to do is help me. Everyone is so wrapped up in themselves that they don’t have time to care about every bodies problems.

Loyalty.
Every person has loyalty to someone, family, friends or themselves. Loyalty isn’t do what another person wants, or being an unthinking drone for your country, but showing that you trust someone. I’m loyal to myself, not changing or going against my own beliefs because my family doesn’t share them. In turn, I am loyal to my friends because I don’t abandon them when they’re in need.

Freedom is an idea created in the human mind.
The idea of freedom had been immortalized in the image of a flying bird, but the bird isn’t truly free. The bird can’t write, or speak English, the limitations of the birds body and mind restrict it to simple things. Humans are limited the same way, I can’t grow wings or develop gills, and it is impossible for me to live past a hundred and twenty. I shouldn’t push myself to do things I will never be able to do.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/29/dc/a529dcf1f69e4173267a9e6674619a8c.jpg

Does it really matter?
Something that could seem like the end of the world could be nothing in the grand scheme of things. Time is always moving forward, you will never live the same second ever again, so why dwell on the small things, when there is so much more you can do.

Narrative: No one cares.
When I was younger (before high school) I would think over every little thing I did that day before I went to bed. I didn’t sit down and decide to, it just came to mind when I would be laying in bed trying to sleep. It stressed me out beyond belief, going over every little thing an imagining how people would taunt me with it the next day. I was on YouTube one night, and in the video the guy said that people don’t care, that they’re so wrapped up in their own problems that they don’t have the ability to care about those around them. It was the first step into what I will call “Rhiannon’s spiral into uncaringness”. One persons words just dropped me onto a path that lead to me not giving a single turd about what people thought of me or what I did. As long as I was happy with myself and I’m not hurting people then it’s okay, and in turn I apply that when I encounter people everyday.

Tags: , , , ,

Posted September 24, 2015 by Rhiannnon in category Rhiannon, Sept 2015, Uncategorized

4 thoughts on “My Five Life Philosophies

1. erick89

Dear Rhiannon,

I loved how that most of your philosophies has a really dark side to it, no one cares, does it really matters and there is no end; all got me thinking for a second to understand the true meaning of them. Your other 2 really connect to me because loyalty and freedom are the 2 things that I really value in life. I also really like the way you said the bird isn’t truly free although we all thought it is.
    My only suggestion to you is that I think it would’ve been better if you had a visual for everyone point and also put the narrative down below the corresponding philosophy.

Erick
    Sept 24,2015

Reply
  2. koolkhatira

Dear Rhiannon,

The one thing I really liked about your presentation (blog) is the fact that you thought outside of the box. Your philosophies aren’t cliche and thus seem more heartfelt and important. I absolutely agree with “Freedom is an idea created in the human mind”. and I love your analogy. We are the birds, and even though we strive to gain even an ounce of freedom it isn’t possible. For me at least, I feel like the one thing that holds us back from forcefully taking our freedom is the thought of not fitting in, and change. That and like you said… there is no way I can just grow wings.

Everything you’ve written seems very thoughtful and I’m glad you presented on the philosophies that you did. It makes me feel like I know you just a little bit more than I did before the presentation.

The only suggestion I have is to bold a couple important sentence/words in order to show the reader the most important parts within your paragraph’s after you’ve stated your philosophies. (Thank you for sharing your narrative :D)

Khatira ^-^

Reply
  3. Raman

Dear Rhiannon,
    One thing I really liked about your post is that you were one of the only one to use videos. For me, it really gave me a better understanding of your philosophies. My initial reaction to your philosophies was, “Wow, that’s short and to the point”. This is one thing I really liked because it didn’t require much to understand the point you were trying to get across. I think that one thing you could work on is to add a bit more to your explanations of your philosophies.
    Sincerely, Raman.

Reply
  4. Arshnoor16

Dear Rhiannon,

I loved the practicality of your presentation. These Philosophies can be linked to day to day lives of the people and how they can find a solution to their situation similar to that described in your philosophies. For example,an individual should not worry about what other people think or he amount of mistakes he or she makes. Like you said, mistakes is a way an individual can improve. As well, your presentation was also very funny and engaging for the audience.

My suggestion to you would be fix a few grammar mistakes such as putting “first” instead of “fist” into the sentence “It was the fist step into what I will call “Rhiannon’s spiral into uncaringness”. As well, try to bold any key words that are important that summarize the main idea of the paragraph. By doing this, the main themes of the paragraph are identified and noticeable to the reader. To add more onto, it would be better if you used proper vocabulary words. For example, instead of using the word shown below in the sentence that is capitalized, you could use irrelevant. “And it got me thinking, everything STUPID thing I do, every little mistake I make will mean nothing to those who get to know me in passing.” I suggest, you should also change the structure of the sentence by removing either “everything” or “thing” from the sentence.

The videos did a good job of adding more creativity and relevance to your Life Philosophies. It also explained the concept associated with Philosophies in detail and depth.

Sincerely,
    Arshnoor

Reply