September 13

Be Yourself

Create your own path, make yourself different from others.

This means to me is that people feel obligated to follow the majority in certain situations which at times, I can feel like the majority is not the right option in certain situations. Society makes it hard to divert yourself from others as people with a lesser-known opinion can be seen as an outcast. People can judge you based off of your opinions and life decisions, however, you need to do what is best for you and to ignore people that will try to change you. Perhaps, you can inspire people to follow the path that you made for yourself.

The bandwagon is not always the right option.

What this means to me is that I find that, nowadays, some people find something trendy and will follow it regardless. You do not need to adopt new beliefs if you always have core elements that you can fulfill that shape the way you are. You can have your own ideas and express yourself through your own words rather than having new ideas that can shape what other people believe. Being able to take in different opinions and new ideas is good to develop your own ideas but you should not willingly agree to new ideas without question.

Life is not a straight road.

Within life, there is not anything that will guide you along the road to reach the end. People will have to adapt to certain situations in order to avoid the obstacles in the way. Life will not be as simple as people will need to adapt to the situation that is presented at hand. The future can be unpredictable and you may not know what is to come. Being able to have the willpower to attempt to face it can make the struggle easier.

Adapt to become flexible.

In my life, I like to have planned out things going on in my life and to have awareness of what is going on. Plan ahead of what is to come in the future, don’t expect things to happen easily. Don’t give up when you can’t get out an obstacle or a situation. If things do not work the first time, you don’t have to constantly do it over and over, as it can drive you insane. Having a thought out the mindset of having different ideas to perform a task, can help develop new things you may not have thought prior.

Recognize your weaknesses, don’t ignore them.

Being able to be self-aware of your weaknesses can help you strengthen them to turn the weakness into a strength. If you were to ignore any weakness, it can slowly build up and you will not be able to recognize it before it becomes too late to understand the situation where it may consume your thoughts. If you can understand the things that you struggle in, it can help develop your personal sense of connectivity to yourself to understand yourself better in anyway shape or form.

For my narrative, I will be relating back to the final philosophy, recognize your weaknesses, don’t ignore them. Often times, I will constantly compare myself to others if I did poorly in. I had never really taken the things that I was lacking in, and to improve upon them. Something that I was lacking in was speaking in public settings as I found that really uneasy to speak in front of others. I had never really taken that into account and try to fix that weakness of mine. I would never really try and improve my weakness of that nervous public speaking. However, just last year, I began to try and step out of my comfort zone and volunteer at the library. It is a small step into being more open towards others, as I am only really speaking to children but I can only believe that this can help me develop myself into a stronger and more open individual.

Image references:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bandwagon-effect-marketing-how-use-sell-up-storm-kim-willis

https://i0.wp.com/www.jonathanhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/20130415-053851.jpg?resize=300%2C229

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/579402e8d482e99199cec41f/t/58c10616893fc02bf0694f3d/1489045027593/

https://sites.duke.edu/dukelod/files/2016/05/adaptability.jpg

https://everydayinterviewtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/5691674-Gorilla-weak-link-flaw-weakness.jpg

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted September 13, 2017 by Christopher in category Chris, Sept 2017

6 thoughts on “Be Yourself

1. gurnoorch

Dear Chris,
    This piece captures the struggles that we all have faced at one time or another beautifully. “Having a thought out the mindset of having different ideas to perform a task, can help develop new things you may not have thought prior.” This sentence is something that I believe many individuals should try and apply to their life, because it may help one develop as an individual. Through the use of this sentence I can see that you, yourself, are an individual that believes in always being the best version of you possible.

In order to improve, I would suggest taking the time to read over your work a little bit. Some of the sentences, like the one that I used as an example, are not punctuated properly, which takes away from the flow of the writing.

This piece really did help me get to know you better as an individual and I hope that you found my feedback to you helpful. The work that you put into this piece is clearly reflected.

Reply
    1. Christopher (Post author)

Dear Gurnoor,

Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely take the time to re-read my writing for my future work. Thanks again for pointing out my mistakes.

Sincerely,

Chris

Reply
  2. marthasb

Dear Nathan,
    I’m completely amazed by your piece. Your first philosophy, “Create your own path, make yourself different from others,” really spoke to me, I liked how you incorporated the independence of an individual, and how doesn’t necessarily have to be bad, but rather good and beneficial for that individual. By creating one’s own path can indicate the new beginning for an individual, as well as how people don’t need to follow, but become their own leaders.

To improve, I would suggest that you vary your paragraphs in structure. It would be nice if you could include some everyday examples so it will be easier for readers to relate to these philosophies.

I think that this piece demonstrates how you function as a human, for instance how your independence helps you, how it benefits you because you don’t let other people get in the way of what you think.

Sincerely,
    Martha

Reply
    1. Christopher (Post author)

Dear Martha,

You may want to check again who you are commenting to, as I am not Nathan. Nonetheless, I appreciate your feedback and I will try to vary my paragraphs to add more details to them. As well, make the reader be more able to relate to my writing.

Sincerely,

Chris

Reply
  3. anushaa

Dear Chris,
    Your blog was written in an analytical way that really helped me understand the philosophy and how it affects the world. Your content was very well described and your narrative clearly showed the hardships in your life that you have overcome by putting yourself out there and not thinking about people judging those actions.

Something I would suggest you write would be connecting each philosophy with your life a little bit so we anyone reading your blog can see what inspired you to create that philosophy and where it came from.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading your in-depth blog and hope you are able to really come out of your shell and speak more freely in class.

Sincerely,
    Anusha

Reply
    1. Christopher (Post author)

Dear Anusha,

I appreciate your feedback and I will definitely try to elaborate more on my writing to incorporating how these have greatly shaped my life.

Sincerely,

Chris

Reply