January 18

Closers: Online Open Beta Review

Summary

The world is in ruin because of aliens that appeared from another dimension. They are causing a havoc and the government is training special individuals who have the powers to battle against them. The player is required to fight against them and gain experience as an agent of the faction they represent. So far there only 2, the Black Lambs and the Wolf Dogs. Black Lambs are the normal recruits that have been determined to possess the powers to battle against the aliens. Wolf Dogs were a hidden project, kept away from the Black Lambs, they possess great strength yet also manage to cause massive destruction.

Characters/Class

• Black Lambs:
    • Seha Lee: the one-handed melee swordsman. Striker class.
    • Sylvi Lee: the ranged magical damage dealer(similar to a mage). Caster class.
    • Yuri Seo: the mid-ranged all around damage dealer. Ranger class.
    • J: the melee brass-knuckled fighter. Fighter class.
    • Misteltein: the mid-ranged charger who uses a spear. Lancer class.
  • Wolf Dogs:
    • Levia: the ranged dark mage using the powers of phase force. Witch class.

Progress

I had initially played the closed beta earlier this year. They had many other characters that have yet to be released on the open beta servers in North America. The one character that I am hoping they release soon is Harpy. She is similar to Yuri in which they both are mid-range characters with amazing skills that work well with one another. Moving on to the open beta, I have mainly been playing the character, Yuri Seo, because of her similarity to Harpy. They are both very fun to use in the combat this game has to offer. They many dungeons that require fast movements and clear speeds of each block that require massive amounts of area of effect and crowd control skills. Yuri especially has repeated amounts of crowd control in the form of knock-ups and knockdowns. As you progress through the game, you have a chance at promotion. Starting as a trainee, then leading to novice agent after clearing the first sector, and most recently, this is the farthest I have gotten, regular agent. To achieve the rank of a regular agent, you have to finish two sectors in which you are given the mission for the second promotion. Each time you rank up a certain character, they will gain four new skills that the player can obtain at certain ranks. I have gotten all but one of Yuri’s skills for the rank of a regular agent, that being the finisher move: Yuri Quick Draw! Currently sitting at the Gangnam Evac Center where the special events happen. Some key things that I recommend to newer players is that the game will level up ur abilities for you after a certain point in the story in which you have to manually upgrade them based on your playstyle. I recommend maxing you empowered state(G), Special moves: 5-Point Strike(F), Blade Fury(R) asap because it helps clear bosses at the end of the level much quicker due to the reduction in their armor and constant crowd control chain from both special moves. The game will also give you gear which can be found while killing aliens in the dungeons, these are very useful items that will boost up your damage or increase your survivability within high level missions.

Thoughts

Ever since I played the closed beta, I have longed for this game to come into open beta. I will take my time to slowly reach the rank of special agent, especially with Harpy once she is released on the server. It is a fun and interactive game that can lead to hours of non-stop gameplay. However, the developers have done a great job at reminding the players that they should not be spending all of their time playing an online game by adding a fatigue feature. The fatigue feature stops the player from overexerting their time playing the game and helps them get back into the real life where they should be studying, working, etc. There are more characters, missions, and other features to be added to the open beta server from the closed beta server but it is without a doubt still a very fun game with a good combat system that allows the players to express their fantasy worlds and make the players feel strong.

Tags: ,

Posted January 18, 2018 by Where am I? in category Protsahan, Sept 2017