December 3

My Sense of Identity

My sense of identity was not solid until about grade 9 because in grade 9 I became more confident being myself and to tying to be what others wanted me to be. It became more clear in that grade because I found a friend group that I fit in with at that time an now they are the people I hang out with most. They were with me through the good and bad, and I know that I can always count on them when I need them the most. When I was in  junior high I was not very secure and I was hanging out with the wrong group of friends that would always get me in to problems and I almost got suspended for one week because of them so after that I stopped hanging out with those people. There was a point in my life where I had to reflect on who i need in my life, and who will always be there for me. I was searching for those people who I could rely on, and know that they will be there for me, in present and times, as well as in the future. I need people who I can trust, as well as friends who are loyal. There were some people who I thought that I could trust but in the end I found out that I could not trust them and they were not loyal, so I left them behind and moved on to new friends.

I had no issue with my background and I know where my parents are from. My mom is form India and my dad is from Kenya.

Image result for indian flagImage result for kenya flag

I haven’t been to ether place yet but I would love to visit both and learn more about where my parents are from and experience the way people there live and society and social life works there. I am already comfortable with my background but I would like to visit the country’s so I can become even more comfortable with my background. Now that I am in high school I am more comfortable in many aspects of my identity like my group of friends and the people who I fit in with.

Tags: , , ,

Posted December 3, 2018 by alym in category Aly, Sept 2018, Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “My Sense of Identity

1. ravneetk

Dear Aly,

I enjoyed reading this blog about you and how you have struggled to find your identity; about how you have come to terms with it using the support of friends and family. One thing to improve I would say is go into more detail and be specific about who and how it has affected you. What made you come to terms with your identity? Keep asking yourself questions and try to be as specific as possible.

Sincerely, Ravneet

Reply
  2. eddiech

Dear Aly,
    I enjoyed the blog about how you struggled to find your identity and how you solidify your identity through the help of supportive friends and family. Things to improve are making sure you capitalize I and add more details about your identity, and what caused you to come to terms with your identity.

Sincerely,
    Eddie

Reply