December 3

Struggling With My Personal Idenitity

I have always struggled when coming to terms with my identity, but it doesn’t bother me that i haven’ t found it. Throughout this journey of life I have constantly switched between different groups of friends and still am. I don’t like to associate myself with a certain group of people, I am myself and shouldn’t be characterized by the people who I hangout with. My parents have always been a strong support and a huge guidance on the right path for me. This year has already been a huge step forward on who I am becoming as a person and what I want to do in life. A huge factor has been musical and all the teachers and the community that it has created, I have found myself always enjoying the company everyone brings.  There have definitely been some defining moments in my life where I had no idea of who or even what I am, leaving me the most vulnerable and afraid I’ve been in my  life. But it’s those times that I know who is in my life and how happy they really make me, reassuring me of who I am and the importance I carry. I have yet to find my sense of identity, but am in no rush to discover it. I am more than content with the live I’m living now, and can’t wait for this journey to take me to places I have yet been in my life.

Middle school was a very hard time for me, especially when it came to finding a personal identity. I had no idea who I was or wanted to be and didn’t like the people I surrounded myself with. It was a time of trying everything to please everyone in my life, but ended out in nothing but a lot of pain and suffering for me. I stuck myself into a situation of trying to help everyone else before helping myself. Everyone is at that age where they have no idea what to do or think of themselves and just begin to think about those kind of questions. For me especially, it was extremely difficult to try and stay with one group of people the entire year.I was indecisive about everything, including who I wanted to hang around with. It wasn’t until grade 8 until I really started to enjoy school, and by coincidence started to talk to Tory again. As soon as I entered high school, I realized who I was becoming and the people that I wanted in my life. I started to make actions that I wanted to instead of the other way. As I reflect on the past, it has made me realized that I wouldn’t be the same person today if  it weren’t the life I lived and wouldn’t wish it went any other way. It’s super important for a person to be comfortable with themselves before they search for an identity.

Tags: , ,

Posted December 3, 2018 by Pitre in category Josh, Sept 2018, Uncategorized