November 24

Magic is my LIGHT

Harry Potter! Where do I even begin? The captivating series of man vs. man, as Harry Potter fights for himself, others, and the safety of his world, in a place surrounded with magic, spells, potions, and enchantments captured my attention ever since I started reading the series at the age of 10.

The Harry Potter series have not only been able to lure me into it’s trap of pure joy and happiness, but have also captured the hearts of many other readers. This series have not only made the best sellers charts but because it became so popular, Harry Potter became a movie series as well as become entertainment pieces for many and different ways such as a musical, amusement park, stores, and much more.

My soul, heart, and mind has been enticed into these series from a very young age and I could not be more grateful than I am now, for what Harry Potter has done to me as well as how it played a huge role in my life. Many people think that Harry Potter is just some other book that, when you’re bored, you read it as a way to pass time. But for me? It’s a whole completely different story. Because I fell in love with the series at a young age, I always thought that when I would become 11 years old, that I, myself, would get a letter from Professor McGonagall inviting me to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I would expect that this was also the dream of every other 11 year old child who read the Harry Potter series. Though it is relatable to mostly everyone, it was different for me. My belief in this magical world and the people of the wizarding world was so immense, that I would regularly tell my parents that I would be going to Hogwarts soon so there’s not point in going to school in Canada, as well as not to miss me too much because I’ll be back home during Christmas and Easter Break. Once I turned eleven, on that very same day, I opened up my front door and stood outside on the sidewalk waiting for and owl to come swooping by to give me my letter. Clearly that did not happen, other wise I would be in Hogwarts right now graduating my last year. My belief, however; did not waver. I began to believe that maybe Hogwarts had a different system and the students attended the school at age 12.

Then I turned 12, and my letter still had not arrived. Every time this happened, I kept believing that Hogwarts would accept students with an older age, but if that were true, I would be in Hogwarts. Though this is the heartbreaking tragedy of a young girl wanting to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, it never really was a unhappy ending. Because of all this, I am the person I am today. These childhood experiences were one of the main aspects that shaped me into the person I am today. These are one of the main reasons why, till this day, I still have a tremendous love for Harry Potter. Not only the fact of letting the idea of magic, and creating miraculous experiences made my heart grow through the aspects of experiencing a whole new world, but the fact that I carried a part of childhood with me to this day and how I will never forget to live because of these childhood fantasies, it makes my love for the Harry Potter series pure and wholesome.

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore once said, ” Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.”

The ultimate quote…. in my opinion. This phrase has been scribbled, and etched into my heart. It is something that will and can never be forgotten. Harry Potter is not just my escape, or childhood, but in a way, and unintentional guide. The words, the beliefs, and the values that most of the people have in these series have not only built new beliefs of mine but have also further developed already existing beliefs.

Harry Potter has become and always will be a part of my life. It was a way of keeping my childhood with me, but also has always been a source of happiness of mine. I constantly surround myself with concepts, aspects, and beliefs intertwined with these series.

Though it had become clear to me that my attendance at Hogwarts is unrealistic, their will always be a part of me that will never forgot and never stop believing in the magic, spells, potions, books, and charms. To me, there is magic in this world, and though it may not be evident at times, the happy moments that people share with themselves, others and society in general is what makes it magical. And hey! You never know if there really is world out there full of magic and wizardry. As for me, I know I will never stop believing this because all in all magic has become my light.

Sites:

What is your favorite Harry Potter wallpaper? from harrypotter

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheartmad.com%2Fwallpaper%2Fharry-potter-logo-wallpaper-hd-3%2F&psig=AOvVaw2cYqL1YH7rEfdrNkHOYodl&ust=1511589787646499

Tags: , , ,

Posted November 24, 2017 by neha782 in category Neha, Sept 2017