January 18

Visual Response #3

Appreciation

I was hurt, I was laying in a ditch, I was shocked. Out of all the years I served in the army this was a first, it was the first time I had been personally defeated emotionally and physically. My family was right every part of me had a feeling that what I was doing was not going to end in a good way, why didn’t I just listen to everyone and what they had to say about my future endeavour in the U.S army. I only ever thought about how others felt in times like this I forget to think about who really matters and that was me even in times of crisis I could care less about how I was really feeling on the inside.

Back home way before I joined the army everyone knew me as a caring and kind young man that would put others before myself, to this day I have stayed the same despite the fact that I joined the army where there is a stereotype concerning how soldiers in the army are on terms of emotions and actions. Cold-hearted, fearless, careless, all stereotypes made by society. In reality most of the soldiers in the force were kind-hearted, loving, and caring therefore i was surrounded by people that truly loved me and people that had the same passions as me. It was home for me it was wear I truly belonged.  

Growing up my parents disciplined me in ways like always give to get, out of all the things my parents told me this really stuck with me throughout my life it was a lesson that really helped me get to where i am now. This was really impactful when i experienced my first life threatening situation back when i served in the military, through this experience i was only thinking about anything that did not relate to me being in a life-death situation. Through this experience i had come to believe that it was the end and that no one was coming back to save me. Just when i thought i was not going to make it through one of my fellow soldier came over to help me and nurture me to save my life and prevent me to pass away.

“Always give to get” a phrase that heavily contributed to my life and stunningly helped save my life. I was saved from dying from another soldier this was a part in life where i was given something and i had to give back in any way. I was faced with the same situation but the roles in this situation were reversed, i was introduced to finding a stranded kitten in the middle of a warfare zone. The kitten was in the same situation i was put in, but just as the kitten thought it was facing death i was there to save and comfort the kitten. Just as that soldier saved my life i paid my dues by saving the life of an orphaned kitten, not just an ordinary kitten but a kitten that later on went to be adopted by the same soldier that had saved my life. It is crazy how small the world is and how i was saved from death by a soldier that soon went to adopt a kitten that i had saved. We humans need to appreciate the life we are given and need to appreciate the help of others and the ones that contribute to our lives.

Tags: ,

Posted January 18, 2019 by sukhmang in category Sukhman